Friday, February 1, 2013

Adoption is expensive.  Going in to this process I knew it would be costly and gathered as much information as possible.  But.....there are many hidden fees and costs that are not told to you ahead of time.  Many of these costs cannot be predicted and every adoption is different.  At this point I am in the final stretch and need about $5000 of outstanding costs to finalize the adoption and bring my girl home.  I have listened to the advice of others that have gone before me in this journey and am going to do a couple of fund raisers to try to raise money for the final costs.  There have been 2 links added to the side of the blog (thank you Rebekah!) that give you the opportunity to help.  One link is to purchase 
T-shirts.  Approximately 40% of all sales go directly into my adoption funds.  The other link is to Amazon.  If you are going to purchase something through Amazon and use this link, 10% of all purchases will go into my adoption fund.  Do to privacy policies on Amazon, I will get a list of items purchased along with the % going in to my account, but they do not release the names of those who made the purchase.  Just letting you know that, so that when I do not acknowledge or thank you, it is because I have no way of knowing who used the link to make the purchase.  I am also in the process of putting up a 3rd link that will give a way to simply make a donation that will be tax deductible.  I'll let you know when that is up and running.  

Thank you so much for all he prayers and kind words.  We are getting so close to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment