Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blessings from my Interpreter


I am so fortunate that my interpreter grew up in Burgas and goes back 1 or 2  times every month to stay with her family for the weekend.  I gave her a little money to buy some small goodies and she has agreed to go visit every time she is in town.  She will also take her a chocolate bar or some treat every time she visits and tell her it is from her mama.  So, when my interpreter went to visit her family at Christmas, she went by to say hello.  She said that there was immediate recognition and she was asked where is her mama because I was always with her.  I am so blessed to have this small connection during this wait period.  It is still a long wait (2-3 months is normal) but it helps to know she is getting reminders that her mama loves her while we are waiting for the return trip.

Several of you have asked what I need or what you can pray about so I want to take a moment just to share about this specifically.  I am still unfunded for my final trip to Bulgaria.  I was expecting a tax refund on the adoption that would have paid this off after the fact but it does not appear in our fiscal climate that this refund will be passed.  A tax credit has been renewed which reduces your taxed income, but the refund is actually a refund of funds spent whether you have a tax liability or not.  I am still applying for a couple more grants.  Please pray that these will go through.  Thank you to those who have donated money or items for Monika.  You have no idea how much it means to me.

As for things needed.  I have gotten a few things but there is quite a bit still left to get.  I do not need new of anything, hand-me-downs are great.  I am looking for an infant monitor.  Her bedroom is upstairs and I cannot hear her from my room.  Toddler type toys that teach color, shape, texture, ABC's, numbers.  Anything that would be helpful in home schooling at the pre-k to Kindergarten level.  

The dream list.....things I do NOT have to have but would like to have.  Girls bike with training wheels, I have a Leap Frog Leapster but no games for it,  front porch swing, regular swing (maybe can be hung from tree limb), someone has volunteered to fix up the playhouse in my yard :), covered sand box.

Thank you again for all your support.....prayers and emotional.  I do so appreciate it and I know there will soon be a little girl who appreciates it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment